MKBS Inc. has worked with government on critical projects to help achieve their goals in line with their organizational mission. Whether it is providing project management best practices, developing innovative solutions for construction monitoring, or result in more efficient installation or facility construction, operation, and maintenance.
Client: Department of Energy, Loan Program office, Technical Group, Washington DC, USA
Context: The Technical group’s (TPMD) main purpose is to provide technical expertise, risk assessment and management recommendations of a large portfolio of Green Energy projects. Conclusion are used for credit risk evaluation therefore interest rates. Provided Project Management Office (PMO) assistance to the Technical group of the Department of Energy Loan Program Office.
Perform due diligence to loan applicants projects, assess their technology, abilities to construct; maintain in working condition and to repay the federal loan
Key figures:3 GW of solar power generation projects.
Challenges: Unproven solar technology, train federal employee on new technology
- Provided PMO assistance to Department of Energy Federal Project Engineers on due diligence and Energy Project management.
- Developed technical monitoring plans for concentrated Solar and Photovoltaic power plant construction projects, with budgets ranging from 0.5 to 2.3 billion dollars.
- Provided technical assistance to Federal Project Engineers on how to assess the health of various power generation projects considering borrower/EPC’s schedule assessment, quality assurance implementation, and supply chain.
- Assessed the overall health of over 3 GW of solar power generation projects, using Earned Value Management methodologies and best practices in Program Management.
- Developed standardized project-specific metrics, procedures and forms to reflect actual performance against planned in support of the Loan Programs Office (LPO).
- Generated, updated and improved project strategies and methodologies for Department of Energy Loan Program Office Due Diligence.
- Developed Technical Monitoring Plans that served as roadmaps for monitoring each LPO Renewable Energy project.
- Performed quarterly risk assessment review for Federal Credit Board review including assessment of the long-term borrower’s ability to repay the Loan.
- Created and maintained a portfolio of six construction monitoring schedules; developed a set of construction milestones supporting borrowers’ advance requests.
- Prepared and maintain weekly and monthly project status reports to ensure that the PMO process and processes were kept up to date.
- Provided advance request recommendations for treasury funding to Loan Guaranty Program Portfolio Management Division. Assessed construction progress against loan agreement baselines.